Thursday, June 19, 2014

Urban Watercolor

I love art. I love to paint. I am new to watercolor and I was excited to get this book.

Urban Watercolor Sketching is a great instructional for anyone who is just beginning to learn watercolor to the person that is a seasoned artist looking for a new angle on how to approach the medium.

I love the beginning on how watercolor was birthed. I didn't know this and I have a better appreciation for the medium.

The text is visually paired with colorful images. This book is not a how-to paint a picture with instruction. It is a guide on the materials used- from paper to brushes. It is a book that helps you expand on your imagination, changing the perspective of a view, and helping the artist grow. It is a about the art of storytelling through painting.

I putzed around with some of the guides and found it very easy and understood more about watercolors versus watching a video. Which is not like me....I'm a very visual learner, and this book helped me dig into myself and pull out feelings and expressions that I didn't know I had.

I received this book from Blogging for Books in return for my honest review of the product. I did not get paid for my review, but got a free copy of the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment