Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Loving Kitchen

Good, down-home cooking. That's what brings happy memories to my mind. And as this books suggests, most of the recipes remind me of times I've gone by friends houses, visiting my grandmother, or making them at home (I still cannot master making home made bread...maybe someday!)

A lot of the recipes were fairly easy to follow. Just looking at the ingredient lists, most of the stuff you have at home already. The instructions were easy to read too. There were a lot of the recipes I have used, or very similar to, so to me it reminded me of a regular "down-home" cookbook.

One thing that I notice about myself is I love to look at the pictures of the recipe being made. I get an idea of what the final product is supposed to look like. While there were probably plenty pictures for most people, I would have loved to have a picture of every recipe. Maybe that's why I love Pinterest so much. Finding the recipes, seeing what they look like, and then going to the person's blog and reading about the process and seeing the recipe in motion.

Overall, if you are looking for a good home cooking cookbook, you will like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment