Sunday, December 3, 2017

Book Review: Keto Reset Diet

I don't like "diets". I have tried way too many different ones in the past.

I will be honest, that I didn't fully follow the 21 day reset. It wasn't my intention to do that when I requested the book.

I was, however, interested in learning more about the Keto lifestyle and how it would be good for me, as a cancer survivor. Right now, I am trying to be as alkaline as possible, and sometimes it is harder than it should be, when you have been living in a world full of meals on the run and fast food places on every corner.

I did like the explanation about what Keto is in the beginning part of the book. It was very informative and easy to read, not giving all the science behind everything. Let's face it...some people just aren't into all that kind of things - just want to learn how this lifestyle works, why it's good, and how it will benefit my health.

I read through the 21-day reset and it seemed like it would be fairly easy to follow. My only problem is I am on a budget and can't always afford to buy a good portion of the things in the books that I read, so I tailor it to my lifestyle.

I also don't like books that give you recipes and they have terribly long ingredients list, complex directions, and foods that are not easily accessible to my part of the world.

I did like a good portion of the meals - easy to follow, easy to find products, and great tasting...despite the fact that they were healthy!!

I will be trying to incorporate more keto in my diet and help my body heal from years of neglect. I only get this one body, and I need to take care of it so I can live to be 190. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment