Sunday, September 24, 2017

Book Review: God's Book of Prayers

I was expecting a book full of wonderful, devotional kinds of prayers.

What I received was something very different from the above.

The author explains that this book was something that he wanted to write for a long time - a book full of all the prayers in the Bible.

I thought, "Oh, this will be a wonderful piece and handy place so that I can read a prayer and have it right at my fingertips." I was very wrong.

To me, this book read more like college course book. And maybe that is a good thing in of itself - to be used as a supplemental book in a Theology/Biblical course.

On a daily reading book though - I found it very hard to follow.The beginning reads as an informational guide of what prayer is. The second part of the book is all the prayers listed out prayed by the people or God.

I have mixed feelings on this. As a stand alone just a lazy day read - not good for me. As a piece that could be used as a Biblical course - quite a nice addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment