Sunday, July 16, 2017

Book Review: The Mediterranean Love Plan



I often see people so in love when I walk down the street and I smile. What really awes me is couples well into their golden years, still sneaking a kiss or holding hands, and showing genuine affection for each other. 

I am not married, but hope to be some day. But that doesn't mean that I can't prepare my heart for what is yet to come. 

Marriage isn't an easy thing. But sometimes, relationships, whether they be romantic or platonic, have moments of struggle and I think that we can learn a lot from couples who are deeply in love for years and year.

The Mediterranean Love Plan offers so many tips on intimacy can be found in the daily lives of those in Italy, Greece, Spain, France and Israel. There are such great ideology that can be integrated into our hustled lives here in America - which we forget just how busy we truly are to just sit and enjoy.

Some things I learned while reading this book:
1. A great marriage is possible for anyone who works at it. 
2. Healthy, passionate marriages develop from healthy, passionate individuals.
3. Specific (simple!) suggestions are needed because some of us are a little clueless. 

This book is a fun, light read on making marriage fun and passionate. I found that the tips weren't just effective for marriage, but for enjoying a passionate life in general. The author compares passionate marriage and sex to delicious food, and writes about how to enjoy both. 

I would recommend this book to anyone that is looking for a healthy relationship - no matter what kind!

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers for free in return for my honest, sincere opinion. No monies were exchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment