Sunday, January 1, 2017

Book Review: Univitied

A friend had recommended this book to me a few months ago. At first when she told me about it, all I could think of was, "Great - yet another Christian book that tells the same old thing; just a new cover and different author."  I told her that I would check it out. I never did.

Enter Book Look Bloggers a couple weeks later when I went to go look for a new book to read and review.

I thought to myself, Ok - there must be a reason why this book was placed in my path. I'll bite...

When I started reading this, my heart was very closed off because I automatically fell into the thought of how this was going to be just like every other Christian book out there.

I was very wrong.

Lysa has a way about getting into the heart and reaching out like she was speaking directly to you, sitting across the table, sipping a latte at a local cafe.

I knew I was dealing with a lot of resentment and anger issues from problems in my past, but man - it really hit me hard once I started reading more and more. I learned how to let go of things that bothered me. Learned that it's ok to be "uninvited" because I am loved by someone greater than any human heart could imagine.

If you are struggling with past experiences, and they are holding you back and putting a blcok on your heart and forcing you to not let others in, I highly recommend reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment