Saturday, July 30, 2016

Book Review: Heart Made Whole

I remember back in the day when I used to watch Christa Black Gifford as a violinist for Michael W. Smith. I remember the passion and love she exuded for the love of her Savior.

I have followed her on Instagram and watched her go through the toughest trials in life that anyone shouldn't have to face.

I have watched her blossom into a role model, a  woman, a mother, and wife and have gained a lot of respect for this woman.

I couldn't wait to read Heart Made Whole. Christa isn't afraid to lay her thoughts and feelings out on page - she has nothing to be ashamed of and everything so many people grieving can grow from. Christa walks us through the darkest days of her little family's life - the death of their new baby Goldie.

Those that have faced experiences like this, understand the depths that those feelings run. Those that have have experienced any kind of heartbreak can also empathize from the words that are read by Christa's hand. She has a way to speak directly to you - almost like she wrote the book JUST FOR YOU.

My heart has been grieving because I have been going through some very difficult things in the last few years and her words of comfort, peace, grace, and understanding were what I needed. She is so easy to relate to and she is able to express what I cannot in moments of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment