Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Henry Hodges Needs A Friend

I don't believe that I've posted a kid's book in a very long time. Let me just say what a nice little "retreat" it was to get away and let my brain just relax for a little bit.

Henry Hodges Needs a Friend is a short story by Andy Andrews. It's about a lonely boy who ends up looking for a friend. His parents decide that he doesn't need a human friend, but a pet. Not just any pet though; a one-of-a-kind pet. The majority of the book is Henry thinking about all the possible silly animals that he could find.

The illustrations are vibrant. The text is easy to read, even for a beginner reader and would make a great learning tool. There was one thing I did find odd. On every page, only one word was a different color than the rest of the text. I don't know if there was a special reason for it or they just felt like doing that so it too was one-of-a-kind.

Overall this book was cute and I think kids would get a kick out of the pictures of the animals that Henry dreams up while the adult was reading the book to them.


I recieved this book for free in return for my honest review from BookLook Bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment