Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Woman Who Would be Queen

I'm a sucker for Ancient Egyptian history and have been since I was a child. When I found out this book was available to review on Blogging for Books, I didn't hestitate to grab it up.

I have never read anything really on Hatshepsut or from Kara Cooney, so I was excited to dive in. At first when I started reading, I was a little worried that this was going to be nothing more than a romance/fiction from the styling of the first chapter or two. But eventually, it got more into the "real" stuff and explained the reign of Hatshepsut.

I found this book very easy to understand and follow. Sometimes, authors use jargon that isn't familiar with an audience who is interested in learning about it on a more plain level. While there was still scholarly information, it was still easily understood. While I know a little about Ancient Egyptian life, I tried to come from the angle of an person who does not understand this amazing society of ages past. And I found it to be very easy to percieve. I would recommend picking this up if you are interested in learning about one of Egypts greatest pharaoh's and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment