Sunday, November 9, 2014

Barracuda

I like to read. I like to try to read other genres and branch out. I'm usually scared at first because my attention span sometimes gets the best of me and I find myself thinking about other things as I'm "reading" the words on the page. This leaves me "thinking" that I'm reading a book when in reality I can't remember things that happened on the pages. Sometimes I stop reading a book because of this process beacuse I feel like I'm not engrossed enough.

It was slightly different with Barracuda from Christos Tsiolkas. I was brought in by the words on the page and quickly became engrossed in the storyline. Barracuda is thought provoking, psychologically challenging, and definitely something that I normally would not have read before. I'm glad that I took that leap and dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment