Thursday, October 10, 2013

City on Fire

I don't know what's gotten in to me reading more historical fiction, other than my Amish novels I've read. I guess there's something intriguing about the characters of times gone before. I love seeing how people lived and how they interacted and if they are anything different than us in today's time.

When I read "City on Fire", I was captivated by the characters in the first few chapters of the book. It was almost like I was watching a movie in my head. I saw, I felt, I smelled....It was like I was almost there even. The characters are well developed and you really feel like you are part of their story. I had never read anything from Tracy Higley before, but I will definitely be picking up another book soon. I like finding new authors and adventures to go on. I will be reading this again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment