Friday, December 28, 2012

Wildflowers from Winter


I'm not quite sure what to say about this book. I don't mean that in a bad way. I guess the only way that I can describe it is that feeling you get when you hold back tears even though they are on the brink of spilling over? Yeah, that's how I was once things starting flowing in the book. Like most beginnings, it takes a little bit to establish relationships and show development of the characters. 

It's not a hard read. It's also not an easy read, unless you really able to handle your emotions very well. Me? Not so much. Once the relationships started to show and the storyline progressed, I couldn't help but feel like I was actually there, feel like I was part of the family, feel like I was part of the action in some way. Even if it meant like a fly on the wall. The colors and smells of the atmosphere were vibrant. The feelings of each of the people jumped off the page to me. I felt my chest ache with sorrow and anger right along with Bethany, Evan, Robin and others. 

I can't say to much about the storyline without giving away a lot of spoilers. Which, what fun woud reading the book be then? I will say it is a story of stepping back into Bethany's past, whether she chooses or wants to. It is a story of rebirth and renewal. Of strength, and finding new journeys along the way. Only spoiler I will give is that, at least for me, was that it was a complete tear jerker and made me think about things in my life and help me to reevaluate relationships I have with people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment