Thursday, December 27, 2012

I am Second

Hi. I'm Mindy. And I....am second.



" This book may not always soothe your soul, but I think it will always inspire your reflection and challenge your daily routine" How true. This is a statement made at the beginning of the book "I am Second".

God's plan for us isn't supposed to always soothe the soul, right? We are supposed to grow and change and learn from the experiences He so lovingly gives us. Those are not easy words to come out of my mouth. For I, as I am writing this, am going through a very difficult struggle.

So grateful to have gotten this book at the beginning of a new year. And so grateful to see where God will be leading me on this new 365 day journey and into many more 365 day journeys.

I love how each session begins with a video. If you have a digital edition like I have, you just click and it brings you to that video. If not, thanks to technology, you can use your barcode scanner to jump to the link (call me silly, but I get uber excited about silly little things like that. I was jumping in my seat and used the scanner to watch the video on my phone, rather than click on the link to go to the video on my Nook. Yes, yes, I know....) Back to the videos. I don't want to give too much away, but what amazing testimonies from these people! There are some surprises along the way too from certain people I've never heard of and from people I ahve heard of and was inspired by the story.

I also love how much interaction and participation is involved. This is not an easy read. This is a book that will challenge your heart and bring you closer to God. I enjoyed as well the use of social media like Twitter as suggestions to interact with others and share your own personal message and how Jesus is being put first and how you are letting yourself be second.

Thomas Nelson has been pumping out some amazing books the last year. But this? This one I can't get it out of my head. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment