Saturday, April 9, 2016

Behold the Man

I was intrigued when I read reader reviews from other sites. A fictional novel about the ministry of Jesus?

I was a little skeptical at first but continued to read on. 

This is the third book in the series "The Jerusalem Chronicles". I have not read the first two ("Jesus Wept" & "Take This Cup", and I found it easy to follow along in this book. 

Each book is written from a different viewpoint regarding basically the same period of time--the few years between when Jesus' ministry begins until His death and resurrection. Jesus Wept is primarily written from Lazarus' perspective, and Take This Cup is the perspective of a young boy, Nehemiah, and his family. Behold the Man is written from the perspective of Claudia (Pilate's wife) and Marcus Longinus, a Roman centurion, with glimpses into the thoughts of Pilate and Claudia's servant as well.

This was an enjoyable, interesting read. A very different look at the trials of Jesus. Sometimes I think we forget about the people that witnessed this event, that were not either acknowledged or minimally acknowledged in the Bible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment