Friday, October 2, 2015

Shades of Doon

Well...I may be a 30-something adult female...

But there are times you can't resist YA fiction.

I flew through the first two books when I got them and I and I (not-so) eagerly awaited the arrival of the third book. Again, I read through the other two to make sure I remembered everything that happened in the previous two.

Shades of Doon did not disappoint. We continue on with Vee and Kenna, and their two Scottish princes, Jamie and Duncan. Vee is continuing her reign as Queen when some strange things begin to happen in the Kingdom.

For some reason, I still picture Duncan to look like Kellan Lutz. Strange, I know. Anyway, looking over the cliche teenage "speak" that the girls (mostly Kenna, since I vision her to be a little less mature than Vee), it's easy to get sucked up into the story again.

If you look for an easy read, like I do when I need to "relax" my brain, this adventure continues to be a great one. Looking forward to my next Scottish "visit" in 2016 when the series concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment