Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lazarus Awakening


Awhile back, I was given the book, "A Mary's Heart in a Martha World" from Joanna Weaver, from a friend because I was struggling with some very uneasy feelings in my heart and no matter how I prayed about it, they wouldn't seem to go away. I loved that book.

When I was given the chance to receive a copy of the Lazarus Awakening Study Pack from Blogging for Books, I was excited.

The Study Guide is very well put together and is usable for either personal/single study or group study in eight week sessions that are easy to follow. I decided to give it a go on a personal study level first.

The bundle does not include the actual Lazarus Awakening book, and at first I was concerned that I would need the book to go along with it. I started the first week and felt that it was not necessary to have the book to work with the companion study guide,  but I think it might explain things a lot better if you had that as well. 

Each chapter has a short lesson and then a Bible verse to memorize. Then there is a section called "Word Time" which is a one-page tidbit on applying the Bible to our lives and ways to understand it better. Next is "Israel Moment" which describes a little bit of life in Bible times. After this, there are a few reflection questions, and then the actual study where you will use your Bible to look up answers to the questions. The chapter closes with a "Who I am in Christ" statement and another video clip.The DVD is filmed in Israel with exquisite scenery that brings you into the moment, without distracting from the teaching.

I would recommend anyone to read this, study this, and be embraced by this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment