Sunday, February 1, 2015

Believe, NIV

When I first got this book, I thought that I was going to be getting another Bible. I opened it and went to the first chapter. I was a bit confused because I didn't know what I was reading at first. I finally figured it out.

These were stories from the Bible that help us to understand how to be more like Jesus.

The "regular" font  parts of the book are the selections from the Bible. The text that is italicized is what the author wrote about that particular text.

I was thoroughly confused at first. I had to stop reading for a little bit. I finally finished the book. It took me longer than I had planned because I had to remember what I was reading, between the author's writing and the biblical selections.

2 comments:

  1. I agree- I feel there are some people, especially those who are unfamiliar with the bible or new believers, who might purchase this book or get this as a gift expecting a bible or perhaps confusing this with a bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- I feel there are some people, especially those who are unfamiliar with the bible or new believers, who might purchase this book or get this as a gift expecting a bible or perhaps confusing this with a bible.

    ReplyDelete