Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Mother's Secret

Yet again, I pick a book that is part of a series. Here I thought this was a stand alone book but it's the second book in the Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel series from Amy Clipston. 

I get into these phases of only reading certain books. This happen to be my phase of reading Amish love stories. I think I need a break.

They are all starting to mingle together and sound the same. While each have their own characters, I think it's time I take a break from reading the Amish stories for a little while. 

With that being said, I liked this book. I was so moved by its message. It's a story of love, forgiveness, God's grace, & God's will. We all make mistakes, but people seem to forget that. And they forget that we are in no position to pass judgment on others, regardless of what their mistake has been. Instead of being forgiving and moving on, we dredge it up, over and over. This is the core of Carolyn's story and what she has to deal with every day, and it's the core of A Mother's Secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment