Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Knightley

I've always been a Jane Austen fan. There was always something about her writing that intrigued me. Maybe it was because I was always in love with times gone past and am a romantic at heart.

When I first read the book, I was hoping it was going to be something like the book "Austenland" (which is actually mentioned in the storyline a few times, along with other Jane Austen tales and classics of the time). The story is written in a series of letters to a man named Mr. Knightley. It took me a little bit to get into it, but as the story started to develop, I found it easier to follow along. I was almost ready to throw the towel in. Then...Alex came along. And it was much better from there. A little slow starting (for me at least) but over all a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment